- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 9, 2018
- [+] More Details
A review of OkMap by Fernando Ortega
OkMap is a program which helps you calibrate your own maps for usage with GPS devices. It's a free tool and rather easy-to-use.
OkMap was designed primarily for people who enjoy outdoor activities and own a GPS device. It's perfect for cycling, hiking, sailing and other sports involving the wild outdoors. The usage of OkMap is pretty simple due to the program's intuitive user interface. If it becomes too complicated, the developer offers a pretty good online help system to guide you through the process.
The menu system of the program is extensive and provides a way to calibrate digital maps while supporting raster and vector map images. You can enter different types of data such as way-points, routes, trails. Once done, the custom maps can be saved to many popular GPS formats.
One cool thing about OkMap is its integration with Google Maps and Google Earth.
Overall, OkMap gives users a way to edit maps, insert way-points and locations and more. It supports different GPS data formats such as GPX, RTE, PLT and more. Vector data support includes SHP, DBF and DCW.OkMap features and highlights:
- Calibration / display raster maps (over 30 image formats)
- Display vectorial maps
- Display hybrid maps (raster + vectorial data)
- Ability to open multiple maps simultaneously
- 10 cartographic projections of the most used
- Database with over 3000 predefined projections by geographic area
- Database with over 700 datum
- Viewing 3D raster maps on Google Earth (for supported image formats)
- Map add-ons management (icons, comments)
- Vectorial data management (point, multipoint, line, polygon)
- GPX data management (waypoints, tracks, routes)
- Selecting multiple objects with the mouse
- Context menu (right mouse)
- Auto-info function
- Zoom, autofit functions
- Moving map function in 3 modes
- Docking forms
- Customizing toolbar
- Show or hide toolbar
- Show or hide statusbar
- Check new releases at startup
OkMap is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from mapping without restrictions. OkMap 13.12.1 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Map creator software is filed under:
- OkMap Download
- Freeware Mapping
- Software Reviews
- Major release: OkMap 13.12
Compatibility with this Map creator software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of OkMap may be available from Gian Paolo Saliola.
We have tested OkMap 13.12.1 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]